A little rebellion now and then...is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government. Letter to James Madison 1787

Thomas Jefferson #Politicians

Advertisements... contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper. Letter to Nathaniel Macon January 12 1819

Thomas Jefferson #Politicians

An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens. letter to John Melish January 13 1813

Thomas Jefferson #Politicians

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson #Politicians

Be polite to all, but intimate with few.

Thomas Jefferson #Politicians

Delay is preferable to error.

Thomas Jefferson #Politicians

Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%.

Thomas Jefferson #Politicians

Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.

Thomas Jefferson #Politicians

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure till you know there is no hook beneath it.

Thomas Jefferson #Politicians

Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day.

Thomas Jefferson #Politicians

captcha